FS101 has evolved into a significant regional innovation precinct supporting collaboration and innovation while building business capability and opportunity. It is a key regional asset that continues to facilitate growth and outcomes prioritised in the Ipswich Economic and Workforce Development Plan.
FS101 stands as an established and mature business innovation precinct with strong brand awareness in the start-up, scale-up and business incubator ecosystem.
For FS101 to continually improve its commercial and community value it must look for more effective ways to generate relevant outcomes. An industry led approach has been adopted to the development of the suite of products and services being offered including an enhanced partnerships approach to service delivery. Due to the niche market in which many capable providers already operate and to avoid functioning in competition with existing private sector specialists, mutually beneficial partnership arrangements are sort to leverage industry experience and generate the most effective and successful outcome.
The future of FS101 will be built around well-established anchor tenants developing and delivering their specific innovative solutions in key industry sectors. These tenants will provide FS101 members with unparalleled opportunity for guidance, mentoring and stewardship of their own entrepreneurial pursuits.
A Request for Expressions of Interest (EOI) to partner with FS101 has been developed. The EOI will seek proposals from individuals and organisations to engage with Ipswich City Council to deliver products and services that will improve or enhance knowledge, skills and business capability within the innovation ecosystem.
- Management or co-management of the daily operations of the facility; and/or
- Development, delivery and/or coordination of products and services such as programs, activities, and events focused on knowledge and skill and capability development of FS101 members and the community; and/or
- Solutions that develop an industry-led approach and encourage closer engagement and collaboration with local business; and/or
- Raising the profile to promote the FS101 precinct’s value to industry, business and community; and/or
- Identifying and pursuing alternative funding opportunities.
Proposals can cover one, several or all of the above. Ipswich City Council welcomes proposals that may address products, services or operating models that have not been covered in the above scope.